Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

Show the Love of God 1John 4:7-21

I’m going to stay real as possible, there are days when it’s hard to show the love that God wants us to towards others. There are moments when people may get on your nerves and the last thing you want to do is show the love of God. I think it’s ok to be irritated for a second but don’t stay there, that can be dangerous. As the bible says don’t let the sun go down while still angry, staying there can cause other crazy things to manifest (Ephesians 4:26). So we must do what’s necessary to get our minds and heart back on the right track to show love the way God wants us to, regardless of how we feel.

The love of God is a type of love that is shown unconditionally. It’s shown regardless of the situation, condition, or circumstance. The love God wants us to show overcomes all emotions to do the right thing. I know I don’t always want to show love but then I remember how God showed me love when I really didn’t deserve it. God showed me love when I didn’t even love him back! We have to remember how God’s graced us and given us another chance. You never know what someone is going through and the love you show through a smile, opening a door, or giving an encouraging word can change their world. We have to stay sensitive to others and realize we weren’t always where we’re at. We should count it a privilege and joy daily that we even have breath in our bodies to show love.

I remember how hard it used to be for me to be nice to people. I would be ready to snap at anyone who looked at me the wrong way or said anything that offended me. I was broken but God loved me back to health. So when someone acts nasty towards me or tries to provoke me I just try to show love and give it to God. Know that God can handle our battles better than we can and when we allow Him to we’ll always come out on top. As the bible says, the battle isn’t ours it’s Gods (2 Chronicles 20:15). When we understand that we’re fighting a spiritual battle and most times how people react is just the manifestation of what’s going on spiritually then we can approach situations appropriately. Sometimes people don’t know who God is but by our showing love to them could show them exactly who He is, he’s love J (1John 4:16). So let’s continue to show all who God is by sharing his love. 1John 4:7-21 Stay in the race. -Eri Twitter: @EriHolmes

6 comments:

  1. The Greatest gift of all Love, you are so right Eri, sometimes we may have been hurt bad by someone and if it wasn't for Gods Love where would we be, I thank God for Love and Forgiveness. Very Good Word from God, Praise God. J rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your response! so true, I would be so lost if it wasn't for his love!! God Bless

      Delete
  2. I needed to here this E! Sometimes I have to get my attitude in check and remember to be nice. I naturally am a nice person but sometimes people can push me to want to be nasty. So I appreciate this blog because I know I'm not the only one. My joy is what keeps me moving and helping me to love others! Praise God! Love you E and keep up the blogs, love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Mika!!! Love you too. I so appreciate your honesty because we all have our moments :) God Bless and I'll keep them coming as long as God gives me what to share!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Great Reminder to show love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T-Lay for your support by reading and responding!! Much appreciated :) God Bless

      Delete