Translate

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Remembered

How do you want to be remembered? Think about it. Not telling you to think about this because you’re leaving Earth soon , lol, but to honestly think about the answer. A close friend of mine and myself was having this conversation a few weeks ago. We went to school together and was having a conversation about what we should really be representing. We both partied hard in school, etc, and was saying we didn’t want people to remember us as the “Party Girl” but as the “Child of God.”  There are some things I did in my past that I’m not proud of and I don’t want to be remembered from those things. I’d rather be remembered as the person who made a difference in someone else life, the person who changed their life around and became the light God called them to be. I’d rather be remembered as someone who honored God and allowed His will to be done in my life. I want people to know that your past doesn’t have to define you but you can accept the identification that God gave you, a Child of God. (John 1:12) You can stand out and do what God has called you to. Regardless of who stands beside you as you do what God called you to do, He’s always there. It’s better to stand out for God alone than to blend in with many lost in darkness. Do things that you’re proud of, not continually do things that you regret. EVERYBODY makes mistakes but that doesn’t mean you can’t get better. We’re to learn from our mistakes and experiences and grow to that person God wants us to be. Instead of being remembered as mean, conceited, selfish, careless, and irresponsible I’d rather be remembered as kind, loving, selfless, accountable, loyal, and faithful. In order to be identified with those positive attributes I have to continually choose to do better and to live a life submitted to God. Being the old person I used to be won’t get me there. It may take time to change but it’s possible.It doesn't matter if you've been a certain way for 25 years, you can choose to change today. So reflect and find out what you’d like to be identified with and let God help you to get there. Desire to be identified with the things God identify with. Desire to please God. Know that the best life you can live is a life lead by God. You don’t have to be like everybody else but you can be the person God desires you to be. God gives us choices and doesn’t force us to do anything, he’s a gentlemen, so choose to be proud of the things you represent, not regretful. When people mention your name, what do you want them to remember? Stay positive and keep loving others.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! That is sometin to think about yes. I love to give to others, not bragin but it's true and however God Bless me to bless its good with me. Thanks Eri J rose

    ReplyDelete