Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Stay Fit


God has given us dreams and promises but from conception time to delivery time we must do what’s necessary to ensure we’re prepared for them. We have to be not only spiritually fit for now and for the future but we need to be physically fit as well. God will not come off His throne to slap bad food out of your hands to prevent you from eating it. He’s given us the ability to make the choice to eat right and exercise. There’s so much that God has in store for us and there are many places he’d like us to go but if physically we’re not able to do Kingdom work, we limit what God can do through us. Yeah there’s nothing impossible for God to do but he’s also given us wisdom so that we can live better. All throughout the Bible it speaks about the people that God used and it also makes it very clear that they had to “get up” and do something to be in position and prepared for what was to come. God will never put sicknesses and diseases on you but some of our choices allow those types of things to come in our lives. We have to use the wisdom that God’s given us and do something to stay fit both spiritually and physically. Also, don’t get so used to the “magic pills” that help you lose weight or quick fit drugs. Understand that most of that stuff has side effects and could be doing your body more harm then good but learn to start at the root of things, look at what you’re eating. Watching what you eat is one important thing to staying fit but exercising is another huge part of staying fit. You have to discipline yourself enough to do what’s right to take care of your temple.

I’ll tell on myself, I never really liked exercising or eating right. I thought just because I was petite that I didn’t need to do those things, I was wrong. There was a time when I began to get more tired then usual and was feeling really sluggish so I made an appointment with my Doctor. I took tests, all came out showing nothing was wrong but my doctor told me no matter your size you still need to exercise and eat right. So I begin to exercise, eat better, take vitamins, & get proper rest, and honestly all the symptoms I was having begin to disappear. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that make the most difference. After that, God really begin to talk with me about taking care of my body. He begin to tell me I have the power to live a healthy life, the choice was up to me.

God wants us to fulfill the call He’s given us but we have to make sure we’re in agreement with His vision by taken care of our temples. Know that staying fit is not only to benefit you but it's for your Kingdom call, family, and friends as well. People need you. We hear a lot about being spiritually fit by staying in the Word, praying, coming to church, staying around like-minded ppl, etc. but we need to hear more about being physically fit and taking the time to be a better us physically as well. So let’s make sure we’re doing what we can so that we can see those dreams and promises manifested. As 1 Corinthians 6:19 says, " Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" I want to challenge you to take the extra time to take care of your temple, remember, it belongs to God.
Find an exercise buddy to help you stay disciplined. Keep it right so He can use you.  Stay in the race.

**I also want to extend the invitation for anyone to be part of God’s family who don’t know Christ yet or who‘d like to rededicate their lives. Romans 10:9-10 says, “9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”  Also, Luke 11:13 informs that the Father gives the Holy Spirit if you ask. So please repeat this prayer: Father in Heaven, I thank you for loving me so much that you sent your only begotten Son to die for me. I ask you now to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart to make me new.  I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that you raised Him from the dead. I accept Christ as my Lord and Savior.  Father, I’m ready to live for you. I also ask that you give me your Holy Spirit so I can continually be lead into all Truth. Thank you Father for saving me, In Jesus Name Amen.

Rejoice! You’re part of the family of God. Now allow God to make you over again into who He called you to be.  

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thanks for the encouragement to keep moving and making my way to the gym each week, and turning around my diet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete