Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Be Encouraged, Stay in the Race

Hey, I wanted to take a moment to encourage you all. I know with everything going on around us today, it can be hard to keep your focus on what's important. With so many distractions and news alerts flashing before us, it could be easy to get discouraged or afraid. But I'd like to encourage you to refocus your attention on God along with his Word and cast your cares on him for he cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). When there's so much happening and we try to do everything on our own it can cause anxiety. Anxiety can cripple you, make you feel powerless, and cause you to feel bound. I found out that anxiety is caused by fear. Fearing what if I don't have enough, what if he/she leaves me, what if I let them down, what if that happens to me... Our minds are constantly going and constantly trying to find solutions to every problem. We have to understand that we can't do it all and that we need help. We have to be willing to give our situations to a higher power than us and trust that higher power(God) enough to handle them. I've learned that it's ok to need help and it's ok NOT to have all the answers.

Personally, I used to deal with extreme anxiety and fear. I was going through a lot of transitions in my life and I would literally have panic attacks every week as well as be in E.R. almost every week. At first, I didn't know what was going on and neither did the doctors. I had almost every test imaginable done to me and still nothing was found. This went on for about seven to eight months, I had never felt so helpless in my life.  I felt like giving up almost everyday and was losing hope. Since nothing" I" did was working I then refocused and gave it all to God. It's so crazy how we try everything else first then God, lol. After really focusing on God and meeting with a Christian counselor I begin to recognize that what I was dealing with was rooted in fear. I'm telling you as soon as I gave my situation to God and took authority over fear that thing left!

It's so important to have God as your central focus in life. Life will throw many things your way but know that with God you can make it through anything. Always remember, storms are temporary but God is permanent. Hang in there and don't allow fear and anxiety to overtake you. Also know that, God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Put your hope in God. When things seem chaotic exhale and say, "Father, I'm giving this to you, I need your help." Whatever you do or whatever you encounter remember to stay in the race. I'm a living testimony, you will win if you endure! Stay encouraged. :)  -Eri   @eriholmes

11 comments:

  1. Eri, let God continue to speak through you, many people will be blessed through this. I've been through many thing and with Gods help I made it through. Thank You J Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words and your continued support!

      Delete
  2. This is very encouraging, thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very encouraging!! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Ms. Eri Holmes! This was very inspiring and encouraging for me to read. Keep them coming, we all need an outlet of this sort :) God bless you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love, love! Sooo happy you let go of fear and let god! Now you're gonna be headed for the stars love! Your grace and humbleness is needed and its your time dear! Love you and stay encouraged! Can't wait for the next post babez! Love you! Love, peace and happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Meeia! love you very much. Many blessings 2U!

      Delete